What can we do with a scrapped LCD?
We can concert it into a picture frame showing structures, w've never seen before at normal plastic things like cd-cover or safety googles.
This effect was used in technical and science projects to show stress areas in plastic parts:
What do we need, to pruduce such pictures as an art object?
1. We need a scrapped LCD, a wooden picture frame, some paper, tape, glue and a transverter to drive the LCD light.
2. What shall we do to make a pol-frame?
- extract the LCD from the Laptop
- remove all electrical and mechanical parts from the LCD, also the backlight plane
- split the LCD-panel in the front and rear part, remove the LC-fluid
- mount the front plane instead the glass of the picture frame
- mount a spacer at the rear side of the front part of the picture frame (approx 1 - 2")
- complete the rear part of the LCD with the backlight and the transverter
- bring a part of polystyrene or polycarbonate into the space between front and rear part of the formarly LCD
- drive the backlight
- a safety google
- or a plastic sheet